Gateshead visits the Autonet Insurance Stadium in the Emirates FA Cup this weekend and here are five things you may or may not know about the club.
- Gateshead manager is Mike Williamson, the former Newcastle United defender played 150 games for the Magpies between 2010 and 2016.
- Way back in the 1952/53 the Heed, as they are known, were quarter-finalists in the FA Cup where they lost 1-0 to finalists Bolton Wanderers.
- Sticking with the Emirates FA Cup theme Gateshead made the 3rd round of the competition back in the 2014/15 season after beating Norton United and Warrington Town they faced West Bromwich Albion where they lost 7-0 at the Hawthorns.
- Gateshead play their home games at the International Stadium. It has a capacity of 11,800, which makes it the biggest in the Vanarama National League North.
- The Angel of the North is incorporated in their badge. The statue is just four miles away from their ground.