Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Kidsgrove Athletic FC app


An eventful afternoon of football see's Grove come from behind to draw against Carlton - Kidsgrove Athletic 3-3 Carlton Town

9 months ago By Liam Kelsall

by Liam Kelsall

It was an entertaining afternoon of football at the Novus Stadium, as Kidsgrove Athletic came from two goals down to draw 3-3 with Carlton Town.

Tim Sanders and Tyler Blake both got a brace for their respected sides, with Lee Cropper and Daniel Elliot also getting on the scoresheet.

The point all but ensures Grove’s survival in the league, with four games left to play.

It took just six minutes for the first goal to come about, and it it was the visitors who would take the advantage.

Daniel Elliot broke through the Grove defence, before rounding Parton and passing the ball into an open net.

Four minutes later and Carlton had doubled their lead. Tyler Blake from what looked like an impossible angle, managed to squeeze the ball past Parton and into the bottom corner.

The forward, in his attempt to score, went bundling over the advertisement boards and required treatment. Thankfully it was nothing serious, and he returned to action shortly.

Kidsgrove’s first real chance of the game came in the 15th minute, and arguably they should have scored it. The initial chance fell to Kyle Diskin, who struck the ball low and well, forcing a good save out of Jack Steggies.

Cropper picked up the rebound, laid the ball off to Alex Lingard, who was playing in a less familiar left wing position, and his shot rifled just over the bar.

A pretty one sided first half, but things would definitely heat up in the second for both sides. Sanders was brought on for Rumineo at the break, and just like against Gresley, the midfielder would prove to be invaluable off the bench.

In the 53rd minute, Grove would get one back, as Eric Graves played Sanders through inside the box, who would roll the ball past Steggies to get Kidsgrove back on track.

Just six minutes later, the midfielder would get his second of the game and the equaliser. Ball in from Lingard finds Leon Ashman, he heads the ball down to Sanders, who is able to bundle the ball into the net.

The away side would retake the lead, as Blake beautifully volleyed home Ben Hutchinson’s chipped ball into the corner of the net to get his second goal of the game, giving Parton no chance.

Their lead would not last long, however, as Grove would strike back just three minutes later through Cropper.

The striker was given way too much space outside the box, and he rifled his effort in at the near post from range.

With our survival secured, Grove now travel to Alvechurch on Tuesday looking to finish in a more respectful position in the league.

Updated 16:47 - 17 Jul 2018 by janet cooper


Loading comments

Look the part with adidas Locker Room

Sat 26 Jan
First Team Kendal Town
League 15:00
Sat 2 Feb
First Team Mossley
League 15:00

News sponsors


Club sponsors